INC NEWS - Durham Performing Arts Center Groundbreaking Dec. 18
randy at 27beverly.com
Thu Dec 14 12:27:25 EST 2006
>From the City PR Dept.
New Facility to Become Architectural and Cultural Landmark
What: Durham Performing Arts Center Groundbreaking Ceremony
Who: City of Durhams Office of Economic and Workforce
Development and Department of General Services
When: Monday, December 18, 2006, at 2 p.m.
Where: Fenced lot bordered by South Mangum Street, Blackwell
Street, Vivian Street and the Durham Bulls Stadium in Downtown Durham
· Speakers include William V. Bill Bell, mayor of the City of
Durham, Jim Goodmon, president and CEO of Capitol Broadcasting Company,
and Richard Brodhead, president of Duke University.
· Other program participants include representatives from the
Durham City Council, Philip Szostak Associates, Professional Facilities
Management, Nederlander Producing Company of America, LLC, Downtown
Durham, Inc. and the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce.
· Parking for the ceremony will be available at the groundbreaking
site and in the American Tobacco Campus parking decks. Residents and the
media are invited to attend this free event.
· The Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) will be a $44 million,
2,800 seat multi-use facility that will be a architectural and cultural
landmark in Durham and a regional beacon for entertainment, drawing
audiences from across the Triangle.
· DPAC will offer a variety of mid-size performances throughout
the year. Through a combination of a year-round schedule of national
entertainment acts and designated time for local entertainment events,
its anticipated that the DPAC will add an entertainment cache to downtown
Durhams thriving arts scene.
· Construction is scheduled to begin this month and be completed
in November 2008.
· To learn more about the DPAC, visit the Citys website at
http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/eed/dpac or contact Alan DeLisle,
assistant city manager for the Citys Office of Economic and Workforce
Development at (919) 560-4965 or via e-mail at alan.delisle at durhamnc.gov.
More information about the INC-list