INC NEWS - Free Parking for Motorcycles and Scooters During 0n 7/18
randy at 27beverly.com
Sat Jun 30 00:33:12 EDT 2007
>From the Public Affairs office of the City.
Free Parking for Motorcycles and Scooters During Ride-To-Work Day July 18
What: Free Parking in Honor of the Motorcycle and Scooter
Ride-To-Work Day, declared by Mayor William V. Bill Bell
Who: City of Durham and the Office of the Mayor
When: Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Where: Five City-owned parking facilities located in downtown
· Centre Parking Garage, 300 West Morgan Street
· Chapel Hill Street Parking Garage, 326 East Chapel Hill Street
· Church Street Parking Garage, 109 South Mangum Street
· Corcoran Street Parking Garage, 101 East Corcoran Street
· Lot 8, 200 Block of Parrish Street
· To recognize July 18 as Motorcycle and Scooter Ride-to-Work
Day, the City of Durham is providing free parking for motorcycles and
scooters at its five City-owned parking facilities.
· Designated areas will be conveniently set aside near the main
entrances or exits at each of the parking facility.
· Parking attendants will be on-site to provide assistance and
direct motorcycle and scooter traffic.
· Each motorcycle or scooter rider will need to take a parking
ticket upon entry and follow the signs to the designated parking area.
Riders are asked to keep this ticket, since they will need to provide it
to the cashier at the time of exit.
· To provide a safe environment for motorcycles and scooters as
well as their operators, the designated parking areas will be located near
the staffed exit booth in each facility. These will be clearly identified
for rider convenience.
More information about the INC-list