[Durham INC] FW: Sustainable Landscape Series in Durham
Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Mon Feb 2 15:13:52 EST 2009
From: Smith, Laura
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Smith, Annette
Subject: Sustainable Landscape Series in Durham
City and County of Durham Host Sustainable Landscape Series
Sustainable Landscape Series
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Durham County Center
City of Durham Storm Water Services
February 13, February 20 and February 27
10a.m. - 12p.m.
Cooperative Extension Durham County Center
721 Foster Street
* The Sustainable Landscape Series is designed to help gardeners
learn how to manage their yards and gardens. Participants will learn
how to become better gardeners and environmentally accountable. The
workshop offers invaluable strategies for sustainable landscape
management that can be implemented year round.
* The Soil Management class, taught on Friday, February 13, will
cover information on soil testing, understanding fertilizers, and
* The Smart Watering class, taught on Friday, February 20, will
cover topics on irrigation, water conservation, rain gardens and
* The Sustainable Management class, taught on Friday, February 27,
will cover information about plant selection, integrated pest
management, pruning and mulching.
* The cost of the three-part series is $25.
* Cost includes refreshments.
* To register for the Sustainable Landscaping Series, contact
Durham County Extension at 919-560-0525 or email Pana Jones at
prjones at co.durham.nc.us.
Laura Webb Smith
Public Education Coordinator
City of Durham Stormwater Services
(919) 560-4326 x235
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the INC-list