[snca-list] Register Now - Engaging Communities for the Curation of Digital Products of Scholarly Endeavors Jan. 8, 2010
tibbo at email.unc.edu
Thu Nov 19 12:29:34 EST 2009
Please excuse cross postings.
DigCCurr Public Symposium: Engaging Communities for the Curation of Digital
Products of Scholarly Endeavors
January 8, 2010 (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
Explore strategies for engaging creators, curators, and users; meet other
professionals working with digital collections; and participate in
collaborative group discussions with attendees and panelists during this
event at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Panelists will include:
* Jonathan Crabtree, Assistant Director for Archives and Information
Technology at the Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at UNC
* Cal Lee, Richard Marciano, and Helen Tibbo, Professors at the School of
Information and Library Science at UNC
* Nancy McGovern, Digital Preservation Officer at the Inter-University
Consortium for Political and Social Research at the University of Michigan
* Paul Marty, Professor at the School of Library and Information Studies at
Florida State University
* Seamus Ross, Dean of the Faculty of Information Studies at the University
* Kalpana Shankar, Professor at the School of Informatics and Computing at
* Robert Allen, Professor, joint appointment with the Department of History
and American Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Registration is $60 and includes coffee in the morning and a boxed lunch.
For more information and to register for this event, visit
This event is funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, IMLS
Grant Award #RE-05-08-0060-08.
See you at Chapel Hill! -Helen
Dr. Helen R. Tibbo
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall CB#3360
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Email: tibbo at email.unc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the snca-list