[snca-list] Reminder: Nominations for the SNCA Executive Board
Dawne H Lucas
dawne.lucas at duke.edu
Tue Nov 24 11:14:58 EST 2009
Dear SNCA members,
The time has come to nominate your colleagues (or yourself!) to be on the
SNCA Executive Board. The following positions are slated to be filled at
the 2010 business meeting on March 5, 2010 in Pinehurst:
Vice president/President elect
Archives Week chair
Please email your nominations and/or questions to Dawne Lucas at
dawne.lucas at duke.edu by Monday, November 30. Please include the nominee's
name, job title, contact information, and the position for which you are
Descriptions of the positions are as follows:
Vice President/President-Elect (1 year): Chair of the program
committee,including the formation of the committee, calling and presiding
over Program Committee meetings, official communications for program
participants. Other duties as requested by President. Serves as president
• performs the duties of the president in case of the president’s
resignation or absence
• serves as president-elect
• plans and coordinates Spring Society meetings
Archives Week Chair (2 years): Coordinates the planning and promotion of
• heads the Archives Week Committee
• collaborates with the Development Committee regarding funding and
• communicates with SNCA membership to encourage activities and awareness
Development Chair (3 years): Oversees development efforts for the Society,
including promotion of the Michelle Francis Endowment. Works with the
Archives Week Committee, the Program Committee and the Publications
Committee in the promotion of SNCA events, meetings and publications.
• Oversees the Thornton W. Mitchell Award committee, awarded at Fall
• Endowment gift letters
Treasurer (2 years): Responsible for the fiscal aspects of the Society.
Responsible for appointing an assistant treasurer. Works with the
Membership Chair to track the timely payment of membership dues.
• has custody of all funds belonging to the Society and shall disburse
them in accordance with the annual budget
• keeps accurate records of all financial transactions
• may recommend an assistant treasurer who may attend Board meetings as a
non-voting member or as a voting member in the treasurer’s absence
Publications Chair (2 years): Oversees the publication of the Society’s
newsletter and other Society’s publications. Responsible for publication
initiatives undergone by the Society.
• monitors the work of the newsletter editor and the Journal’s managing
editor and reports progress and concerns to the Executive Board.
• recommends publications’ budget for the fiscal year
• oversees and supports (as needed) the production and publication of the
newsletter, The North Carolina Archivist, in the spring and fall
• in collaboration with the newsletter editor and the Journal’s managing
editor, compiles an annual report on publications for the business meeting
• recommends new publication initiatives
• forms and chairs ad hoc publication committees (for new, revised, or
• ensures that photographs are taken at SNCA meetings
Members at Large (1 year): Duties as assigned by the Executive Board.
Assists in discussion and decision making processes.
• has duties as assigned by the Executive Board
Dawne Howard Lucas
Head, Technical Services
Duke University Medical Center Archives
Durham, NC 27710
Ph: (919) 383-2653
Fax: (919) 383-1649
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the snca-list