[snca-list] FW: JOB OPENING: Assistant Librarian/Assistant Head of Research Services, The University of Arizona Libraries and Center for Creative Photography
knash at elon.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:54:13 EDT 2011
FYI through the SAA listserv.
Archivist and Special Collections Librarian
2550 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
knash at elon.edu
Job Title: Assistant Librarian/Assistant Head of Research Services
Department: The University of Arizona Libraries and Center for Creative
The incumbent performs the work appropriate for an Assistant
Librarian/Archivist, as needed within the team, to meet the changing
needs of the Library's customers. As those needs change or disappear it
may be necessary to reassign staff to areas in greater need of support
and to change work hours to accommodate our customers.
The Librarian/Archivist is responsible for the day-to-day management of
the Research Study Room, including reference assistance, access and
security to Center for Creative Photography collections for national and
international visiting scholars, students, faculty and other staff
members; for manuscript collections activities including arranging,
describing, preserving, preparing finding aids to manuscript and
photographic collections, and to enter records into the collection
information system. The incumbent is responsible for identifying,
upholding and communicating the issues surrounding copyright, privacy
and confidentiality in archival collections.
As members of the general faculty of the University of Arizona,
librarians and archivists are expected to contribute to the library and
archival profession through scholarship and service.
REFERENCE SERVICE AND ACCESS (50%)
* Answer photography and history of photography related reference
inquires onsite, via telephone, mail and e-mail in the Research Center
of the Center for Creative Photography (CCP), including providing
privacy, confidentiality and copyright information to scholars.
* Develop and maintain in-depth subject knowledge of the collections at
CCP, related collections at other institutions and traditional and
non-traditional reference sources.
* Manage, supervise, and provide reference assistance to onsite scholars
to the Research Center of the Center for Creative Photography.
* Remain knowledgeable about donor contractual agreements in order to
uphold privacy issues.
ARRANGEMENT AND DESCRIPTION OF COLLECTIONS (50%):
* Prepare finding aids, indexes, bibliographies or other tools to aid
scholars in accessing the photographic archives at CCP.
* Supervise staff and students in arrangement and description
* Master's degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited
* Certification by the Academy of Certified Archivists or 3 years
relevant or professional experience in a special collection or archival
* Reference experience in special collections that includes photographic
* Experience processing special collections of photographic materials.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* At least 2 years of relevant experience in the creation of archival
* Experience handling rare and fragile materials.
* Current experience with accepted preservation methods applied to
archival collections of manuscripts, photographic materials and
* Current experience with current arrangement and description standards
and best practices for photographic collections.
* Familiarity with EAD, MARC, LCSH, AACR2 and other cataloging
* Experience in training and supervising staff and student employees.
* Successful project management experience including experience
utilizing project management methods and tools.
* Commitment to the use and promotion of alternative as well as
traditional means of access to information.
* Ability to work collaboratively, proactively and constructively.
* Ability to work with diverse people and to serve a diverse population.
* Ability to work in a team-base environment.
* Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional
Job Opened: 3/15/11; Review Begins: 4-25-11
Salary: $50,857 annually; Full-time; Benefits Eligible: Outstanding UA
benefits include health, dental, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick
leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for employee and
qualified family members; access to campus cultural and recreational
activities; state retirement, and more.
For further details and to apply: Go to http://www.uacareertrack.com/
<http://www.uacareertrack.com/> and search for Job #47193. To apply,
complete the faculty/appointed application form in The University of
Arizona's Career Track application system and be prepared to attach a
resume and letter of interest when instructed. Be sure to include the
names and contact information for 3 employer supervisory references on
the faculty/appointed application where indicated.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University
of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages
applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds.
The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D/V.
Human Resources (520) 621-3662; TDD (M-F 8-5) (520) 621-8299;
You are currently subscribed to the SAA Visual Materials Cataloging &
Access Roundtable Discussion List as: knash at elon.edu
To unsubscribe or to change your list settings, please visit:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the snca-list